China lands first jet on its aircraft carrier
Welcome and thank you for stopping by. Please be aware and advised, this is a CONSERVATIVE BLOG. Here is some information and my rules:
1) I do not like Liberal Ideology;
2) Conservatives have the voice of reason on my blog;
3) I will delete any comments that are abusive, non-related to the “blog theme” and not debated in a civil manner;
4) I welcome input from all walks of life. However, this is my blog and I will make the “ultimate” decision on any/all comments.
I encourage “civil” discussion. We may not agree on “ideology”. However, we can agree on “respect” and at least listening to different perspectives. Thank you for visiting!
This is a Reblogged from www.foxnews.com
- Nov. 25, 2012: This undated photo released by China’s Xinhua News Agency, shows a carrier-borne J-15 fighter jet on China’s first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning. (AP)
BEIJING – China has successfully landed a fighter jet on its first aircraft carrier, which entered service two months ago, the country’s official news agency confirmed Sunday.
The Liaoning aircraft carrier underscores China’s ambitions to be a leading Asian naval power, but it is not expected to carry a full complement of planes or be ready for combat for some time.
The Defense Ministry’s website carried photos of the jet taking off from and landing on the carrier.
Citing unnamed naval sources, Xinhua said that the carrier platform and J-15 capabilities met all requirements and achieved “good compatibility.”
Xinhua says the J-15 is able to carry anti-ship, air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles and precision-guided bombs.
Since China’s Liaoning ship formally entered into service on Sept. 25, its crew members have completed more than 100 training and test programs, Xinhua said.
China bought the former Soviet navy’s unfinished carrier from Ukraine in 1998 and spent years refurbishing it.